View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 01:39 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangoku View Post
Hi Dontbeamelvin,

I'm really happy for your continuous recovery.

This said, i have a few question for you that are the following ?

1) Before things got better for you, did you have pain/disconfort in your ulnar nerve, from shoulder to little finger (that is now my case) ?

2) If it was the pain, how long did it it take to relief these ulnar symptoms by constantly raising your shoulder blade (in other words shrugging) ?

3) Also, have you had "first rib mobilization" ? I ask you because a chiro show me a self rib mobilization's exercise and I have the feeling it has increased my discomfort in this ulnar zone..

Thank you again for your thoughts.

God bless you.
The first rib mobilisation is in my experience somewhat useless. It is a symptom reducer but your scalenes will pull it right back up if they are weak and spasming. A lot of the self mobilisations also release the upper trap. You don't want this because it causes the trap to deactivate and further weaken. I had a lot of pain down the inside of my arm and it actually usually bothered my middle finger. Not sure why. I still get irritation and I'm not 100% by any means but I am improving. The first 2 weeks of raising the shoulders actually caused a lot more discomfort because the muscles are weak and unable to hold proper positioning. Now it is pretty natural but sometimes they still drop and I have to be aware of that.

I have overdone my work outs several times since I had my Skype appointment with Kjetil. It is really easy to overdo because you want to get better fast! However the body just does not work like that. Like I always say, it likely took you years/months to get here. It can take years/months to get you out. The key is knowing how to get out so you have a clear path to recovery.

Good luck
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote