View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:48 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontbeamelvin View Post
The first rib mobilisation is in my experience somewhat useless. It is a symptom reducer but your scalenes will pull it right back up if they are weak and spasming. A lot of the self mobilisations also release the upper trap. You don't want this because it causes the trap to deactivate and further weaken. I had a lot of pain down the inside of my arm and it actually usually bothered my middle finger. Not sure why. I still get irritation and I'm not 100% by any means but I am improving. The first 2 weeks of raising the shoulders actually caused a lot more discomfort because the muscles are weak and unable to hold proper positioning. Now it is pretty natural but sometimes they still drop and I have to be aware of that.

I have overdone my work outs several times since I had my Skype appointment with Kjetil. It is really easy to overdo because you want to get better fast! However the body just does not work like that. Like I always say, it likely took you years/months to get here. It can take years/months to get you out. The key is knowing how to get out so you have a clear path to recovery.

Good luck
Hi Dontbeamelvin,

And so, if i well understood you, you didn't experimented instant relief of your arm pain with elevating/shrugging your shoulder blade ?

How many days/weeks did it took roughly before your had relief of your arm's pain with this shoulder blade's constant elevation ?

I thank you again for your thoughts.

Best wishes for your recovery
sangoku is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote