Old 08-22-2019, 09:47 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2324 View Post
Hi batchkenn

Yes I’ve had a skin punch done to search for small fiber neuropathy- mine also came back normal but neurologist did not mention anything abnormal with the sweat gland count— she did tell me though that u can still have sfn even with a normal result- as the patch they cut the skin from could just not be as damaged as much if that makes sense— I dont think that helps u all that much - just relaying what my doc told me— it could still be sfn— but if it’s negative it could also be something else (have u gotten the “-anxiety” diagnosis yet?)—so keep looking for answers— let us know.

Thanks Joe for sharing your experience with it. The first neuro I went to said it was just anxiety and to do stress management. The second neuro was the one who suggested SFN and requested a skin biopsy.

At this point, my symptoms are mild (mainly itching in my legs and arms, the random cold/numb spot) however I've found these are normally triggered or aggravated by stress, so I've tried different strategies to manage that. I also have had several blood tests done and nothing has come back to suggest any other cause.
BatchKenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote