View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Benign fasciculation syndrome????

Hello, I am a usps letter carrier, and I walk 10-8 miles a day. But I don't just walk it, I speed walk and push myself hard everyday. I started having pain in lower legs and fatigue in arms around November 2018. In mid February I pulled my left calf severely, and noticed my left calf twitching. So of course I went right to the Internet. I must admit, I am a hypochondriac. I've been this way since I was little. I've been on stomach meds pretty much my whole life. So I worry about everything. So after Dr Google scared me, I called Dr to get appointment. Then my right calf started twitching. Started to get pain in thighs also. Then the twitches started in my abs, thigh, feet, thumbs, back, and shoulders. But only when I used them strenuously. They stay in my lower legs pretty much all the time, but sometimes I don't feel them. But I can see with a flash light. So in March,I was referred to neurologist, where I took strength, EMG/NCV/ blood test . All were negative, but had slightly high muscle cells in blood. He thought it might be elevated from my calf muscle that I injured. So I'm going back, to have another blood test, but I'm scared to go back. I worry day and night, can't sleep, or eat. He told me that I should not worry, and that he thinks it's Bfs. But worrying is making symptoms worse. My shoulders are burning off and on. My neck, middle of back also hurt. I get a weird numb feeling in my lower legs, and shoulders also. I'm highly stressed and feeling every pain or weird feeling I'm having. I'm constantly on my phone, reading anything that might help me calm down to no avail. I fear the worst, even after all the test. I really would like your thoughts on my situation. Thanks
Bs97z28 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote