View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 09:02 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

As I read your post, it is textbook to my life. I have been dx with CRPS/RSD, and I have literally 4 family members who have the same. My Dr. doesn't spend a lot of time on dx, as he tells me that in short, my nervous system and brain are messed up. It's trivial to hear that at first, but my Dr. has numerous degrees, is brilliant, and I've come to really understand the finer detail of what he's saying to me. He tells me that going all over the place and getting dx. doesn't do a lot to manage what is and will be my condition, which is lifelong. When the nervous system goes off kilter, which mine has, it's more about accepting, coming to terms, managing symptoms and learning how to live ...especially the part about "staying in my lane" on a daily basis.
My experience is, this is absolutely right. That's where I focus.
I do PT, which is good for the arthritis that I also have in spades....and it sets off my RSD...but overall, it helps me feel better elsewhere, as does general care and maintenance of my muscles.
ANY emotional matters affect my RSD first, literally. It's a trigger and I do all sorts of things to ensure I am at peace with myself and the rest of the world. If I am not balanced, there goes my sleep for days and nights, because my RSD rages along with my emotions. I do my best, but things happen, and the results are almost always the same for me as what you describe.
The eyebrow.....I've had that once or twice (crazy, you're the first person who shares this with me, and it was a memorable event to say the least).
Literally everything you described is part of my experience.
I manage sx, but having the brightest outlook possible and being at peace as best I can does not stop the fog in my head, and I struggle sometimes. That said, I am enjoying life again some.....from all that is my regimine. I am in pain mgt. and do take narcotics, gabapentin, a plethora of other stuff...
For me, a mix of Omega 3, Glucosamine/CHrondroitin and hyaluronic acid have helped me move overall better....It took 2 weeks to feel their effects....and Im not sure if it is just affecting the arthritis or if it also helps with the damage to the ligaments, tendons and muscles that zooming nerves do to all of those.....I think both.
CRPSinSC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote