View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 03:42 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default PCS or CFS - Infection/Pneumonia

Dear All

It's been a while, but I've been completely free of pcs (though still have alcohol intolerance, can't run and very stress-sensitive). During my fight with PCS, this forum has been a life saver (especially thanks to Mark in Idaho)

But now I have deteriorated again. A month ago I got pneumonia with high fever (bacterial) after a trip abroad. Broad-spectrum antibiotics helped in 4-5 days and then I felt better, but not back to baseline (I was still feeling tired).

It was a busy time at work, so I worked hard for the next 2 weeks. But one week ago I got pretty bad with a combination of fatigue/heavy head/headache and aggravation with physical activity. And big problems with concentration. This has now lasted over a week and has not improved, which worries me a lot.

Are there others who have experienced something similar after a infection or virus? And should I consider it a new condition such as CFS, which worries me the most (a lot of sad stories online), or is it "just" a kind of relapse in PCS?

All experiences and thoughts are extremely welcome because I am very nervous.
TheNorwegian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote