View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:47 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I hope you had a wonderful time. I listened to Josh Groban all night. I am still listening. Finally I didn't over eat. I had applesauce and spinach. I will have more spinach today. I hope I am going to shrink my stomach. Yesterday I spent so much time looking up what foods were safe without being organic. One article said if you wash the food thoroughly you can get off most of the pesticides. There are lists on the net for which foods you don't have to buy organic. Then I listened to an ad by vet Marty Goldstein and that you should feed cats primarily raw meat,omega 3s, taurine etc.He now sells dry raw meat cat food that you almost have to be a millionaire to afford. The only good news was that the low calorie treats I give Abby are bonita flakes and they have taurine and omega 3s . All I have to say is fishy treats and Abby comes running. Pudge isn't interested. I get them on Amazon. I give the kitties prescription food and Goldstein would gag at the first ingredient corn. He said whoever saw a cat in the wild eat corn! They shouldn't eat that or fillers or preservatives.
I looked on amazon for freeze dried raw meat for cats and they also were very expensive. He said he has had cats live to 19 and in their twenties on his diet.
I see the cardiologist tomorrow and will get my first injection for the cholesterol medication and they also have my carotid arteries checked. I guess she will show me how to inject myself. I know I should be greatful that I am getting the medicine for 20 dollars for three months when that would cost 3600 dollars.
I don't know how high your cholesterol is but if they had tested my arteries before the stroke I wouldn't have had one.
I guess I must be a bit manic and I am depressed but I learned a lot yesterday and did have a fine time with Stella.
love
talkative bobby
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-25-2019), Dmom3005 (08-25-2019)