View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 01:49 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi TheNorwegian,

I am sorry to hear about your relapse, but glad to read that you had made some progress with PCS before.

Something similar happened to me after suffering from food poisoning while traveling and not getting proper rest. I had strong symptoms which were a combination of PCS and issues which seemed related to chronic fatigue syndrome - I was incredibly tired and experienced "post-exertion malaises" following mild effort levels. Fortunately the problem disappeared within a few weeks with some good rest and I went back to my baseline.

A doctor told me that resting when one is sick is very important to prevent fatigue from becoming chronic. Apparently many instances of CFS follow a gastrointestinal virus of infection during which the patient did not rest properly. Doctors don't know why, but some suspect that this is an inappropriate reaction to stress.

Since then I had a few other infections (e.g. gastroenteritis) but made sure I took enough rest, and everything went fine.

I haven't heard about cases following a pneumonia but I am not an expert. In any case I would recommend that you take some rest now, and perhaps some time off work if you can.

I totally understand why you are feeling nervous, but I hope you will feel better very soon. Good luck, and please keep us posted.
Vania
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TheNorwegian (08-27-2019)