Thread: Getting better
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 04:22 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vania View Post
Thanks Guitardude! One year out is still early, although I know it feels different. But I'm doing much better now than 1 year out, and I very much hope this will be the case for you as well.

Regarding depression, I followed some very standard advice:
- seeing a therapist twice a month
- exercising as much as I could every day
- making sure I have "pleasurable" activities scheduled every day. This sounds silly but I tend to be a perfectionist / anxious type and I had fallen into a trap where I was either working or resting, and not enjoyibg life anymore. I suspect I was chronically dopamine-deprived So I changed my mindset and forced myself to work less, seek out friends more regularly, find new hobbies compatible with PCS, etc.

All the best to you.
Fantastic. I consider myself extremely lucky in that while my pcs has exacerbated my tinnitus, I haven't had noise sensitivity issues, so I can still mostly enjoy seeing music in town and participating in jam sessions; in fact, I'm going to even more of them now than before. Definitely helps me to have something to look forward to each week. Upping the anti on exercise has certainly helped a bit too

EDIT: I had forgotten about your line of work, and wanted to ask- how are your math skills these days? My background is in physics, and I love working out challenging math problems but can get discouraged when I feel my fogginess is making me less engaged in this craft
guitardude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote