View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 07:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Trophy Protective Hat/Helmet to Prevent PCS Recurrence

It seems like a lot of people complain that minor head bumps bring back their symptoms or wipe out their progress, myself included. For me each head bump sets me back about a year and then by the time a year passes by I bump my head again and that's why my pcs has been going on 6 years now.

I think the best solution is to protect the head with a helmet or protective hat or bump cap. Here are a few of the more stylish ones.

Ribcap The best adaptive fashion helmet for people with special needs

LINERZ INSERTS

https://crasche.com/

I have to the second and third one. The Linerz insert is great because you can put it in any hat. The Crashe hat has a 6-piece hard shell but the rubber is really thin. Neither fits as well as I would like so I plan on purchasing the Ribcap soon. It has the thickest padding and comes in different sizes so it should work best.

I suggest getting several hats so you have a variety to wear for different times of the day or various activities. Given the devastating consequences of a head bump or repeat concussion it would be wise to wear a helmet at all times.

Does anyone else have experience with these? Do you wish you were wearing one when you bumped your head?

DrewDigital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote