View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 01:29 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy35 View Post
Just wanted to give an update on my progress. I am sure that I will not be judged on this but unfortunately I have not managed to completely remove alcohol from my diet. However I have managed to cut down dramatically. I never exceed the recommended guidelines, well nowhere near. I am pleased to report that since my last post, a significant improvement has been made especially since we have had the warmer weather. I can walk alot further, I have been walking for over 30 minutes per day during my lunch breaks at work and I do not feel the condition is stopping me from going out and doing the things I want to do. Bare in mind that 5 months ago I could barely walk for 3 minutes but during this time I was still drinking quite heavily. Just hoping things do not revert back during the winter months again but if I can stay out of trouble and keep away from alcohol maybe the symptoms will be more manageable.
Thanks, this is very helpful. I am just now experiencing some of the tingling, cool feeling in my calf area. Not 100% sure it is NP, but think so, have a nero appt on Sept 17th. Not my feet so much or my hands. Started noticing some soreness in my legs about 2 months ago, and did some research to find out about PN. So shut it down 2 weeks ago, not 1 drink until after the Dr appt.

My question, is if you have 2-3 beers every once in awhile, that shouldn't make the condition worse right? It is the excess alcohol that does the damage?
JTP1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote