View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 01:55 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Why risk a good recovery by returning to same activity?

There are some past posts on ones that had scalene cut or removed , some had limitations of lifting after. Most were females that had TOS for awhile, so may have lost muscle tone due to the long dx time back then & post op recovery times.. Those posts me be too old for the updated system to find them now.. 13 yrs back or so..

You can search also web search for pro athletes (injuries) that had TOS (RSI) & surgery, went back to the game and had related re injuries and/or lost the level of skill that they had before..

I had multiple oddball RSIs ( but not carpal tunnel) until I got my version of TOS , I learned my lesson and didn't go back to intensive assemble work again.. I kept going back after recovering from the first injuries.. I didn't learn to slow my self down, I competed against myself to get faster, beat the quota .. how dumb I was..

If you aren't making big money pro with lifting.. I'd really suggest finding another activity that does not over work the neck/shoulders..

If you stop lifting , your muscles might return to a better size and less symptoms..
I don't know what kind of time frame that might take, or if your scalenes are oversized naturally..