Thread: Getting better
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 02:13 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vania View Post
Math / cognitive skills is the dimension that has improved the least unfortunately. The brain fog has almost disappeared, which is great, and for short periods of time I feel completely fine. But my problem is that my brain has become intolerant to the prolonged effort required to do math at a professional level. Ideally I should be able to concentrate on a problem for 3 hours uninterrupted, read papers, write equations, etc., but this type of effort gives me strong headaches quite quickly, and even a full-blown relapse if I don't stop. This is frustrating, and this forces me to consider a career change, but at the moment I am mostly feeling happy and grateful about the improvement in my physical symptoms.

About your tinnitus, you are probably aware of this already, but professional ear plugs make a huge difference, as they protect your ears while preserving the quality of the sound. I used to be an amateur musician too and I used these regularly (before PCS forced me to give up on music).
While that does sound frustrating, I want to side with norwegian and say keep your chin up - it seems like your ability to think properly has just about restored, it's only the fatigue that is getting to you. Maybe with some more time and exercising properly, you'll have the energy to work for longer! While nothing is certain in this whole realm, it does seem encouraging that you have periods where you can think clearly.

Just curious, have you used any specific modalities (LLLT, chiro, etc...) over the course of your recovery? or has it been more 'organic'
guitardude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vania (08-28-2019)