View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 10:37 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Erik,

I bet you do tasks just waiting for symptoms to manifest. Paying attention to symptoms will make those symptoms manifest much sooner and to a much higher degree.

The anxious mind works by increasing awareness of every sensation. That headache that would be ignored will rage on with just a bit of anxiety.

The Amitriptyline acts to reduce anxiety levels and responses.

Have you ever tried volitional neurofeedback where you watch the brain's response and develop processes to subdue those responses?

I don't agree with pushing into symptoms but I do believe in easing into higher levels of stimulation. I also believe in accepting that some activity levels will cost a price. I would save up prior to an activity and expect to lay low after the activity. By managing these issues, I could do many things that would otherwise cause a setback.

The research shows that most who struggle with prolonged PCS had a pre-existing anxiety or depression condition. The experts can use this to accurately predict who will have a prolonged struggle. Addressing this is important to recovery.
Thanks for the post - you had some great insight last time as well. Have you found any good reading on whether anxiety actually slows healing?

It's so interesting to consider that perhaps my head isn't in any worse shape than last week, yet I feel far worse because I am more anxious and obsessed with my symptoms.

I have not tried volitional neurofeedback, I'll have to learn more.

Best,
Erik
Erik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote