View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 10:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you I am sleeping better and actually remember a dream or two, which has not been the case for several months.

I strive to stay up and out of bed. I have a bad habit of watching tv while laying in bed, which my chiropractor said emphatically not to do as it messes with back and neck muscles, as well as the spine. It is hard not to do this so I put a very comfy chair in bedroom and have been faithfully doing stretching and relaxation exercises several times a day. I can't do them for very long so do them for short periods 5 or 6 times a day.

I also try to do both sun and moon salutation yoga postures first one early in day and then at sun down. I can't always get on the ground so do modified versions when I am unable. The main thing is to watch my breath after the set of postures are completed give my self some time I lay down flat (use pillows if needed) or sit n a chair palms up and feet 12 to 18 inches apart and consciously slow it down. This is called the pose of relaxation. I count to six on inhalation and exhale to a count of 8 or 9, to get all the fresh healing oxygen in and all the old tired air out and breath deeply. Just lay or sit there as long as comfortable. As thoughts drift into my mind I pretend there is a ballon connected to the thought that lifts the thought out of my mind just for now. If the thought is troubling I imagine it being tossed straight into the sun and it disappears. This takes practice.

I hope everyone keeps safe and especially Mari with this storm.

Take care
Cindy
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-31-2019), Dmom3005 (09-01-2019), Mari (09-01-2019), mymorgy (08-31-2019)