View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 10:48 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Can't tell if pain due to hip or Tarlov Cysts

I have been diagnosed by MRI with "a few" Tarlov Cysts in S2 &3, the largest & only one the radiologist bothered to measure is 2.4cm X 1.9cm.

But the cysts are on the right and my symptoms are on the left and I have osteoarthritis in my left hip.

I frequently have sharp pain in my sacrum - midline - at the location of S2&3. It is worse lying down and sitting. When I sit, I cannot get comfortable, constantly changing position. I have difficulty walking because it becomes painful.

I also get pain in my groin and sometimes sciatica and I deal with mild incontinence. Both legs constantly have pins & needles from my feet to mid-thigh.

But my hip also hurts and perhaps the pain I feel elsewhere is just referred. Hip pain can also be felt in the groin and cause sciatica.

And the biggest thing is...my symptoms are on the left and the cysts are on the right.

I guess all of this is TMI - I'm just tired and frustrated. It has been 5 years since I first tried to get help and I still don't know what is going on.

This is my first post. I should have just said hello. But I am so discouraged.
wildblueberries is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote