View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I have TOS and my shoulder quite often falls forward and compresses the nerves in the neck. However in my case the TOS is causing this and not the other way around.

I was diagnosed with the exact thing that you mention here (muscle imbalance in the shoulder girdle causing TOS). And I was given exercises to do. Intense, hourly exercises every day.

Well I continued that for 18 months and my condition got worse so I got a second opinion. After some scalene block tests (us guided injection), I was told that the exercises were totally pointless because the only thing that would fix my TOS is surgery.

Through overuse, muscles had grown abnormally and were compressing the nerves and arteries in the Thoracic outlet region.

The shoulder falls because the scapula (shoulder blade area) is not getting enough blood so it weakens and is often painful with pins and needles. Like I said, in my case the TOS is causing this.

If you are reading this please do not just simply do exercises hoping your TOS will go away. In some cases it might but the clock is ticking and the longer the nerves are being compressed, the more likely it is that they will become damaged permanently.

Ask your doctor for a scalene block test. Even if you have to pay for it yourself. It's worth it.
shaney-_-m is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote