View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 02:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP1234 View Post
Thanks so much for your response. I am new to the forum, but what exactly were your symptoms? You put "disabled" in quotes, does that mean you were generally functional and every day life activities, but these tests determined you were "disabled" or were your symptoms more severe?
Well, you asked!

The quotes are because some of the time I'm feeling quite good, and the more I manage my diet and my stress levels, the longer those periods last. But I started out with severe burning, stabbing, feeling like walking on crushed glass, feeling like both feet were broken, someone cutting my soles with a box cutter, and, from time to time, cramps in my toes that make my left foot look like it is going solo and wants a life of its own, big toe bending outwards like it is going to snap off. I can not really "feel" my toes, but when I do it feels like they are encased in cement. I also feel like I just walked 50 miles in bad shoes.

The EMG showed that apart from the suspected PN I also damaged my sural nerves starting a few inches under my knees. (which is part of the poly-neuropathy diagnosis)

The good periods make me feel I should go back to work (I had my own company), the bad ones make it clear I'm not up to it - not even close. I feel a lot better than when I started out, no doubt about it, but that progress stops at some point, which is typical for PN.

So those quotes are doing some heavy lifting.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (09-16-2019)