View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes, you sound like the classic "You look great. Why are you complaining?" person.

We are the invisible walking wounded.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.

Few in this country receive anything close to adequate compensation for injuries in vehicular accidents. Most drivers do not carry more than $100,000 in coverage. Only commercial vehicles carry higher limits such a $1,000,000. Most who are disabled end up on public assistance because the at fault party did not have enough insurance coverage. I have a friend who got a $1,000,000 claim payout but her vision will never be the same even after 2 years of therapy.

One of the problems those around us struggle with is understanding what is wrong. We often do not understand what is wrong. When we can break our struggles apart and see the individual struggles, we can often better manage them by moderating our expectations and tasks.

I don't expect my memory to work. I don't expect to understand a complex subject unless I can receive the information at my pace. Over-stimulation or excessive stimulation during a task can be the end of that task. Learning to stop to think is the greatest skill we can develop.

Do you have behavioral optometrists that offer rehabilitative vision therapy?

Have you looked into a Carrick Institute trained chiropractor? There are a few in your greater area. They call themselves functional neurologists.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote