View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 01:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuckl View Post
This is about the same as a vielight - like $5 on alibaba - or $27+ on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/HailiCare-Ant...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The light I use was this guys recommendation. He said that it was as good as the $$$$$ BioFlex he used at an office. Sad to see though that he took down the recommendation.

It's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Illuminators-...sr=1-4-catcorr

There are other vendors selling it.

Musicwise, writing guitar songs during the worst of my moments was a literally a life-saver. I'm at a point where it is definitely a serious future for me. I play it at work, on the streets on occasion, and I'm practicing most days now. Music is truly medicine and not just to the mind. Sound waves alter our cell membranes (like many things do) and alter our physiology in serious ways. It can make us dance, happy, sad, laugh, process trials and traumas, on so forth.

My style is primarily acoustic if I would say anything. I really enjoy fingerstyle play, but I do covers as well and am starting to delve into writing lyrical songs. In the past, I have only written instrumental.

How about yourself?
oh wow! the illuminator seems to have all the specs you'd want and benefits price-wise from not being marketed as a medical device, quite a bargain. The allergy reliever seems like it could work, although there is no indication of power rating (it says 7uC, the hell is that? not any power unit i've heard of unless i missed that day in class)

I grew up playing heavy metal but at one point caught the jazz bug, now I try to play everything but progressive rock/fusion is my jam- this is my current band:

Dodgy Boat (covered by Austin Loman Group) - YouTube

I think music is a full-body workout for the brain; at first I felt super discouraged when I would play; usually I like to stretch harmony when working on jazz standards and go for sophisticated substitutions, but the first couple months all of that felt super scrambled. Since though, it's been pretty therapeutic to rebuild that intuition, feels like it relies on a certain sort of problem-solving adjacent skill set, but in a more on-the-fly, gut-feeling sort of way compared with full on math-y analytical thinking
guitardude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote