View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 11:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Slapped the side of my head!

I feel a bit silly explaining how I managed to hit myself in the side of the head, but I had bought some expensive headphones that start rattling and in annoyance, I gave the right side of the headphones a short, sharp rap with an open hand while they where still on my head!

I immediately thought "I've just hit myself in the head" and felt a huge wave of dread and fear that I may have re-triggered PCS. Over the next few hours, I was aware of a slight headache (which have been pure tension headache from stress/anxiety over the event) and took me a long time to fall asleep that night, I felt wired in the same way I did with my original head trauma.

I have a fear that even this short, open-handed rap might have caused a sudden vibration and jolted my brain sideways off the inside of my skull.

I have been re-experiencing a few 'old' (2015) concussion symptoms over the last few days, 2 instance of dizziness, poor sleep, feeling a bit detached, irritable and very anxious -especially on waking. Cognitively I feel fine, but definitely an increase in missed keystrokes when typing, which was an issue during my original concussion.

However, I don't believe I hit myself hard enough for my head to noticeably move (I definitely would have known about it). It seems illogical/low probability that my brain is now that fragile and susceptible to sudden, low magnitude impacts that I would have never noticed 5-10 years ago.

I've also been trying to hold onto the fact that the first thing I experienced was a wave of anxiety, which may well be the driver of all these somatic symptoms that I am interpreting as evidence of 'damage'.

It doesn't help that I was taking low-dose Mirtazapine for anxiety, which I reduced last week due to side effects - Mirtazapine's withdrawal symptoms are often described by many as very unpleasant/horrific. I'm not sure what has caused what. I just know I feel worse after Saturday.

Either i/I hit myself a lot harder than I remember, ii/my brain is very susceptible to smaller magnitude impacts nowadays, or it's all being generated by fear, stress and anxiety.

Last edited by Ady_P; 09-18-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Ady_P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote