View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:09 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Does anybody have any idea what exact kind of neuropathy I have had?

The Emg and NCS I received was extremely thorough and detailed. The neurophysiologist spent over 90 minutes conducting his tests . He concluded in his report that " his nerve conduction shows a low amplitude left superficial peroneal sensory response. the response in right leg was absent.other sensory and motor responses were normal. His sympathetic skin response shows low amplitude responses in both feet. after soaking in water he did not have any wrinkling of the skin. EMG shows chronic neurogenic changes in deltoid , EDC, FDI, Vastus laterals, Tib anterior and gastrocnemius. biceps demonstrated low amplitude and short duration motor units , with no spontaneous activity ".

Now the diagnosis as mentioned was a small fibre / sympathetic nerve and motor neuropathy with an estimation of up to 2 years for full nerve recovery . an autoimmune reaction to my hep B vaccine.. the neurophysiologist said it was almost Guillain Barre but not quite. in fact he said 95% like guillain barre. Is there a name for the type of neuropathy i had? a subtype of GBS ? I guess some kind of sensory and motor autoimmune neuropathy .. I know having a name to it will not make what happened to me any different , but i was just curious ...
djl87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote