View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 03:57 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

The issue is (in cases like mine) there is no way to prove what is causing the compression. The clinician organising the surgery was making a "best guess". Apparently the area where the nerves/arteries are was incredible small (3mm) which led him to "guess" that the area was easier to compress with an abnormal muscle growth.

But nobody could see it or prove it. The only proof was that the physio exercises didn't work and the scalene block provided relief.

In my opinion the physios are far too dainty. I am a fully grown man. The stretches and flexibility exercises are great for pain management. But to strengthen muscles you need to tear them and regrow them over and over. They give me a long elastic band to do seated rows and it's just not enough resistance to actually build strength.

And the surgery, in my case, should be on the upper back to pull the shoulder back down. Not cutting parts of my ribs out. Xray showed no rib abnormalities whatsoever. If you do, then yes you probably need them removed. But this cookie cutter approach just seems irresponsible, considering the risks.
shaney-_-m is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote