View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 05:02 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Hello, please can you help?

41 year old male in the UK.

Diagnosed with Sicca Syndrome. The first symptoms were dry eye followed by hypersalivation - drooling, a week later this went the other way. This has levelled somewhat but never 100%. The first symptoms started January 2018. I get fatigue, rashes, and dry skin. My hair is brittle and falls out.

6 months ago I got the first tingling in my thighs.

I have tingling paraesthesia. It is mostly in my legs but I get it in my arms now too, as well as a weird stinging going up my arms. I can get sharp burning stabbing pain in the upper left of my back too. My legs can be very sensitive when wearing certain trousers and wearing jumpers can hurt too. Do I have SFN? Small Fibre Neuropathy? GPs refuse to do any other tests but the standard Nerve conduction test and electromyography, which is totally unrevealing anyway. They have refused to go any further and have suggested nothing. I also have dryness problems and have some sort of Sicca.

I have received little support from my doctors. No support from the private Rheumatologist . The neuro will not see me.

I am deeply depressed and have lost my life. I will soon lose my job if something isn't done.

The symptoms started after I stopped a short course of Finisteride and after sustained stress from a relationship betrayal meaning my new life to be in Spain by the Mediterranean was destroyed.

I have no idea if neurotonin/gabapentin will work and I have had no support to look at whether it would.

Can you help?
JohnnyZenith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Waking Light (02-09-2020)