View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Implant questions and root canals

Hey how r u all? I'm new here and honestly feel stuck in my head about some things and would like others opinions.

First off, i'm 24 yrs old, about 5-7 years ago, i had my first root canal, which was pretty deep and had caused an abcess or infection in the pulp? idk if that's correct.. But it left a minor little bump there too on the gum. After this many years of the procedure that tooth seems to be doing fine and doesnt hurt, i never had anymore problems, yet i can still feel the bump there, there's no longer any sensitivity or pain though, that went away years back shortly after the root canal was done. This confuses me... which leads up to recently, a week ago i had a wisdom tooth removed because of complications with it, as well as two new root canals, one on each side ( molars i think ) now a week after the procedure, these still have sensations, pain sort of i guess..? I understand that a mouth can take time to heal, but i've started thinking about my health recently and i would like to live a healthy life, but after doing my hypocondriac research, apparently root canals still breed bacteria that can cause disease and be life threatening which was a concern with my very first root canal but i was young and went with it anyways.. I'm afraid that after having my first root canal, the remaining bacteria has already damaged my bone alot since it was years ago and if i stick with the two new ones i got a week ago, the same story with those.

My main questions are:

1. Should i just have all the teeth ( 4 of them ) extracted for the sake of my health and relief from worry? I'm willing to wait the healing time and am aware of the expenses.

2. Are implants a good option? Are they mostly successful? Are they okay to do at my young age? They would be my only option from what i understand, because i am still young i'd like to not have holes in my smile lol

3. What are your opinions of my situation? I have trust issues with these places and i think they all just want my money instead of telling me the better route.

Thank you in advance.
botan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote