Thread: Tarlov Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 04:20 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
Hello, I'm a newbie - have multiple Tarlov cysts, diagnosed by NeuroSurg thru MRI. Have spinal stenosis - had three fusion plates in cervical spine - have similar symptoms. Dr. said "inoperable" and addressed another area of pinched nerve in cervical area that could be operated on if pain gets worse. Not my cup of tea - had enough surgeries. My symptoms had been recited to primary care Doc and Heart spec. because I have some issues with heart - got no where. One MRI and visit to the right Doc and now I know. But I don't know now what to expect! So we are both kind of stuck but if we both push hard we will find our way out of this. I had to laugh at all the "talking points" of diets of plant foods, exercise, massage, mind over matter, etc. Its kind of insulting but they mean well. I like to have a Plan B and am trying to come up with one.
I too am a newbie. Its frustrating to be told there's nothing that can be done. My route is to go to my PCP and start there with the recommendations that Dr. F recommends. A full spine MRI including the sacrum with the radiologist noting every TC size and location. Im sure its going to require contrast which in itself is toxic. Then Ill get a referral to Dr. F. Im not in terrible pain but my issues are more bowel and pelvic related.
yipke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote