View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 03:29 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by On_A_Freeway View Post
It's interesting hearing how specific some neuro's get with patients. I see a Dr at The Peripheral Neuropathy Center at New York-Presbyterian hospital which is pretty well known and I really dont get much info at all when I see him. He basically tells me I did a number on myself, and not to drink, and offers meds. I have asked about diet and pain management and again he will write a reference.

Very little bedside manner at all. I took it upon myself to see a Dr with a small practice and he offered a lot more info. The jist of it has been that taking the alcohol out of the picture could result in improvement and I read that often. But it comes with a caveat that it could be permanent. So I choose not to get my hopes up and just be happy I can function the way i can. I also choose to live a lifestyle with diet and exercise. Figure it ups my chances of being able to stay on my feet as I age. I might give a plant based diet a go for 3 months to see if that helps, that's kind of the next thing on my radar.
Freeway...have you tried the Weill Cornell PN center in NYC? I have an appointment with them in late October. It appears as if the docs there only specialize in PN
Peripheral Neuropathy Doctors New York | Weill Cornell Neuropathy Center
Ctman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote