View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 02:00 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Unhappy About to have total scalenectomy

Hey, new to the forum... I am 2 weeks away from having a total scalenectomy . Been officially dealing with NTOS just under 3 years, but most likely in hindsight much longer. I’ve done PT, chiropractors, massage, multiple injections and nerve blocks, botox , hydrodissection, and tried every med and cream out there. Obviously, at this point there are no further options, I’ve agreed to surgery. My doc only does scalenectomy - does not remove rib. He’s rated one of top in country for this, and also a top neurosurgeon. He has reasearched way too many complications with removal of First rib without a significant positive outcome- but a severe increase in complications. Therefore, he only preforms scalenectomy. I have a severe case, the pain is indescribable. I had migraines for 5 years out of the blue, which now they believe is part of tos. It’s on my left dominant side. Did subsequently find I have cervical stenosis. The lateral aspect of my neck just throbs and like someone sliced my neck. Tender. The collar bone aches like severe bone pain. I can’t even touch my scalenes they are so tender. My left chest wall as well, which swells. Breathing hurts. Then from my neck to tips of fingers with a litany of different pain... from pressure, heaviness, throbbing and aching, stabbing, electrical, burning, tingling, numb,muscular, a bruise like feeling to my upper arm, you name it. Everything makes it worse. Laundry, gently sweeping the floor, eating - bringing food to my mouth w my left hand, writing which is severely limited... everything. I can’t sit up or stand too long, it feels my collar bone can’t support my arm. It is swollen I keep measurements, no blood clots. Can only sleep a certain way, which I rarely sleep at all. Most nights up all night wandering around. Every aspect of my life is compromised . I was forced to stop working. Any task is daunting, driving is painful. Does this sound like anyone out there? Has anyone had a total scalenectomy they can share their story? Thanks in advance
Tll160 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote