View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The bedside manners of neuros is... something that could fill books. But "hey, it's your own fault, stop drinking and enjoy a life of pain, it's outta my hands" pretty much covers it.

Alternatively they might want to sell you a very expensive treatment that may or may not work.

Sorry, not meant as saying there are no good ones, and we owe it to ourselves to keep looking for possible treatments etc. But it struck a nerve* because I have been there, and remember how utterly lonely & devastated I felt after my original diagnosis.

That small practice doctor is pretty much right though OAF, and I think it's very similar to what we've been saying here, no? It's a difficult message, because YES it helps a lot when you quit - it's absolutely vital - but NO we can not guarantee it will all go away. But we can manage it, at least it will not get worse (99.9% of the time), and you will notice tiny improvements.

There is a lot of work being done in the area of neuro-stimulation to block the pain. They are not there yet, it's not perfected yet, but there are some promising signs. So who knows where we are in 5 or 10 years.

Edit: that pun was absolutely unintended, but made me laugh when I re-read my post.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (10-05-2019)