View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 11:30 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by On_A_Freeway View Post
That's good to know about the 5 year window. I was told something along those lines. That I could see improvements, anywhere from 1-3 years, or maybe even 5.

Early on when I was counting days, my head was still telling me that maybe I could have a drink one day again. And I would say well maybe this goes away and I can have one here or there. I would know it was a ridiculous thought and I didnt want to really act on it. But it was there. The good news is the more I lived with this pain, the more I started to see how alcohol was such a poison and to open that door again now seems crazy.

Since I've changed my diet, the way that I look at food has also changed. I know it takes a long time but the fact that people develop neuropathy because of their diet leading them to diabetes is just frightening. I am on other forums and I read about peoples struggles and its crazy to me that we have gotten to this place where there is so much disease in our culture as a result of what people think is OK to put in their bodies.

The only reason that I see this now is because I had to change because of what I'm dealing with. Otherwise, I would have continued to eat a ton of sugar, and most likely would have not made the strides I have with exercise.
Yeah, I do a lot of entertaining for work, I took a month off from booze completely, but had a couple light beers on Monday (watching football) and a couple of glasses of wine last night at a work event.

I plan on really keeping it in check going forward. The comments on here about any alcohol making it worse scare me. Even though logic would say 2 beers shouldn't further nerve damage. I am confident I will never drink like I did in the past as my fear level is higher than at any point in my life.
JTP1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (10-05-2019)