View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 05:56 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vania View Post
Have you considered the possibility that your headaches might be cervicogenic? This could explain why you don't have any other symptoms. Trying some relaxation / icing of your upper neck might be worthwhile.

Also, I don't want to frighten you, but if I were in your situation I would seriously think of whether the pleasure from playing hockey is worth the (substantial) risk of another concussion and potential PCS.
Good suggestions all around. I was also gonna say if school is the specific trigger, maybe there are fluorescent lights there that could be the culprit, in which case blue light filter lenses could calm it down, although i'm far from an expert. Of course it could be the cognitive exertion of school as well, although that's great to hear that it hasn't held you back from performing well.

Echoing Vania though - I can't speak much for your anxiety but I can say youre making ME anxious with your eagerness to play hockey. While sports are great and all, I'm quite concerned that all it would take would be one more blow from a hockey game and then you'll be another person on the forum with myriad symptoms. Maybe others might feel differently, and it's ultimately your call but I wouldn't take the decision lightly, and I definitely see a lot of people on here who had an innocuous first concussion followed by a devastating secondary concussion.
guitardude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vania (10-04-2019)