View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholton6882 View Post
I just started the drug Solaris. I just finished my first 5 weeks of getting it every week. So far I have not had any side effects. I am real tired the next day and spend the day in my recliner. Now I will get the Solaris every 2 weeks and continue getting my IVIG every 3 weeks. This is a new drug for MG, but not new to the market.
I had a choice of starting the Solaris or plasmapheresis. I choose the Solaris, because it takes less time and you do not have to get a permanent port put in. Hopefully this will work for all of us. Good luck to everybody.
I have been on solaris for about 7 months. diagnosed 3 years ago and went into crisis 9 months ago for first time. tried ivig, and plasmaphoresis...no help so dr. put me on solaris. infusion every 2 weeks. so far working well. not back to where is was before crisis but am able to be mobile at home. only problem is extreme shortness of breath even though am on oxygen. (I am 72 female and didn't need oxygen before crisis. I went into complete respiratory failure and spent 3 weeks in icu and then 2 wks in hospital ) I have to use a bipap machine to rest my intercostal muscles and diaphragm every day). No real side effects of the solaris except for extreme fatigue for a couple of days after infusion. Hope you are doing well.
sharon brown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote