View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 09:30 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi, I am recovering from PCS also. I can relate - I didn't leave the house for anything other than doctor's appointments for 3-4 months. Whenever I leave the house now, I wear a brimmed hat and sunglasses - even if it isn't very bright outside. They reduce the amount of stimuli I receive, which helps a lot - especially when driving or in stores. I also wear earplugs that don't block out the sound, but dampen it. These also reduce the amount of stimuli. I was incredibly sensitive to sounds and these help a lot. I also recommending not trying to multi-task. When you are driving - drive. I don't recommend talking on the phone or passengers, or listening to music yet. This can be overwhelming. Just focus on one thing at a time. Yes, visit stores when they are the least busy and bring a list. Wear protective gear : ). Also, I find that it is helpful to not have to look around a lot in stores, so going somewhere familiar is good. I'm typically very extroverted, but when shopping I've made it a point not to make a lot of eye-contact, get into conversations, and tend to look down to not overwhelm my system. If you're getting dizzy, be mindful of making a lot of bends and twists and turns with your body and head. I found that a lot of movement was causing nausea, vertigo, and triggering symptoms. Small sips of life, rather than big gulps right now. All the best to you. <3
MountainViolet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote