View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 05:59 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Functional neurology success/sudden braking relapse

Good news: Been seeing a functional neurologist in a Chicago for a little over a month. I have been able to comfortably so self care things like shampooing, brushing hair, makeup, washing face, etc, again. I’ve been much more comfortable with touch. My moods have been so much more balanced and positive. My vertigo spells are really decreasing. I enjoy loud music again, and wear my earphones. I watch tv and feel fine. I’m feeling progress.
PM me for questions

Bad news: I’m having the worst relapse I have in months. Was riding in car, Dad had to slow down suddenly going like 45 miles per hour. He did another sudden break going about 20/25, and surprisingly, that one felt much worse.
Sensitivity to sound, crying spells, pressure headache, nausea, it’s all coming back. I felt tingling and lightheadednsss after the second incident.
It really feels like another concussion, but I’ve read so many posts on here saying these stops can’t hurt your brain.

What’s going on? Feeling really discouraged and insecure.
I’ve made so much progress with anxiety and mood issues and touch. Why is this flare up so severe? Is it really just my anxiety coming back!
Also, I spoke to my old neurologist today and he wasn’t concerned about the stops. That’s both reassuring and discouraging because I feel like I’m not as strong with handling these things as I thought I was...
AlmondJoy87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote