View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 03:52 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctman View Post
HI SDM...I also considered myself a moderate drinker and non alcoholic. About six months ago I started experiencing tinging in my hands and feet. There were also some other symptoms but those were the main ones. Neurologist did an EMG and basically said I had "very mild polyneuropathy". All other tests are normal and I am in excellent health in every other way. The suspected cause is alcohol - doc says you can be a moderate drinker and still get PN from it. I tried to just cut back to only 1-2 drinks a week and started on the vitamin regimen detailed on this forum - there was very little improvement and perhaps slight progression in those first 6 months. I have now completely cut off alcohol for 2 1/2 weeks. I am going to stay dry (wine lover but alcoholic PN is progressive even if there is moderate drinking most that I have talked to and read agree). The Neurologists really are not helpful, so I have an appointment the end of this month at the Weill Cornell Peripheral Neuropathy center in NYC. I will document on this forum how that goes. Good luck!
Hi there. The same here. Find of a glass or two but completely stopped when I was stricken with painful feet. It’s slowly gotten worse anyway. Now my forefoot Pad’s have atrophied. My fingers are wrinkled and shrunken. I thought if related to alcohol it would stabilise!
kmb sorefeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote