Thread: Fat pad atrophy
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 08:52 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
Thanks for your post KMB Sorefeet! I have the same symptoms as you...its very painful to walk or stand for any amount of time. it fells like i am walking on broken bones. I have large fiber peripheral neuropathy fo 18 years now. the broken bones feeling started a few years into it. I have mentioned it to neurologists and lately neurosarcoidosis experts and no one had an explanation. looking at my own feet it looks like my fat pads may have atrophied too. i will have to look into this. i dont know if anything can be done, but it would be good to know why walking and standing is so painful. thanks again!
Hi there. Thanks for your reply. In the middle of my forefoot is where I can feel the shape of bone underneath the skin. There should be all least 1cm of padding provided by fat within a collagen framework. Apparently. As Joe said, there are orthotics that can help a lot. Basically by providing the padding and force distribution that you have lost. There is also a procedure I’ve read about that involves rebuilding the matrix using transferred fat. Not sure how common that it’s though. Mine neuropathy is small fibre (probably) the neurologist hasn’t actually been able to provide a definitive diagnosis. It seems to be one of exclusion. Good luck.
kmb sorefeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (10-06-2019)