View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 06:30 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Lightbulb MG and yellow fever vaccination....

Hello all!

I'm Stephen, 32 years old, and recently diagnosed with seronegative ocular myasthenia gravis. I see a consultant neuro-ophthalmologist. I experience fleeting double vision throughout the day, lasting approx. 30 mins at a time. I've had all the standard investigations for MG, all coming back negative, but due to double vision symptoms, they have settled with this working diagnosis.

I'm due to go travelling around South America at the beginning of November, for 5 months. The yellow fever vaccination is recommended for almost all of the locations I'll be in, yet frustratingly, it is contraindicated in MG. I've attempted to do some reading on this, but unable to find much, and want to know the risks of getting the vaccination (which would probably involve not disclosing my MG :/ ). The more I read about yellow fever the more terrifying it sounds!

From what I have read, nobody would recommend me having it, but at the same time they're saying I'm seronegative. So I'm left confused and anxious!

If anyone could shed any light on MG and the vaccination, whether they feel there's any chance I could safely have the jab, I would be hugely thankful!

BW,

Stephen.
stephen_torque is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote