Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:22 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Hello All

I am a trigeminal nueralgia sufferer. It started a little over a year ago with debilitating stabbing pains in the left side of my face (jaw, teeth, near my ear) I had to leave work one day because I thought it was a stroke or something (also have unruptured cerebral aneurysms). When I would try and talk it would come on like lighting striking me or being stabbed in my face. My sister took me to the hospital where I stayed for 5 days. My neurologist said she believed it was TN and put me on Tegretol (carbamazepine) twice a day. I got adjusted to the meds and after a month or so the pains went away completely. I continued taking the meds a couple more mmonths.Still no more pains. I thought I was free from TN. Fast forward to a few days ago and it's back with a vengeance. Pains are way worse and more frequent than before. They come when I try to talk, eat, move a certain way, put vaseline on my lips, brush my teeth, drink water... basically wither almost anything. These pains brought me to tears. I went to the ER yesterday and I'm back on Tegretol. I will see my neurologist next week. I thought this TN was a one time thing, but boy was I wrong. Praying everyone finds some relief from this awful, painful condition 🙏 oh yeah I just turned 39, Happy Birthday to me🤕
Msgolden3222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote