View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Dancer_Engr View Post
Concerning the results from ** about Jay Alberts CYCLE trial that Jeffreyn had a link to:

Even though the words and the UPDRS ratings seem to imply there's no difference between FE and VE, I think I see a big difference. When they looked at the functional mri for the FE, 4 of the 6 tested had increased connectivity between the motor cortex and the Thalmus. For the VE set only 2 of the 6 had an increase. Am I understanding that correctly? If we really want to reverse things we need to change the Brain so it seems like FE is still preferable if possible.

I saw Pam's (Quinn?) interview with Nan and just started a few weeks ago. Just curious how many out there have been sticking with it. I saw the post about Grey's Anatomy and just started watching it while pedaling. It looks like Netflix has 15 seasons so at 5 biking sessions a week (I do a weight lifting class the other 2 days) I should have entertainment for more than a year. :-)
the goal is to produce proteins that rescue damaged neurons in the brain and/or stimulate neurogeneration, this can be done via many different exercises. here's 2 examples:
Parkinson's disease and intense exercise - YouTube
Parkinson's Disease - Vigorous Exercise. Neil Sligar June 211 - YouTube

as far as what i do, i was diagnosed 15years ago and don't exercise as much as i should and my progression has sped up. i was diagnosed at 48, at the time was playing men's soccer and coaching youth soccer. when playing in a 90min soccer game, after the game was over my pd symptoms, which were mild obviously to play soccer, my symptoms were noticeably reduced but didn't last more than a day. i slowly progressed though even with this vigorous exercise. so i think the benefit will peak when doing vigorous exercise but it will help slow down progression. when i was diagnosed my doctors said take the meds you need to exercise, there will be a "cure" very soon. and back in 2002-2005 there was a clinical trial using your own stem cells from dr. levesque which had great phase1 results but went nowhere
Renowned Medical Research Pioneer Michel Levesque, M.D. Addresses U.S. Senate Committee On Stem Cell Therapy Debate | Business Wire.

my point is you are doing absolutely the right thing concentrating on exercise and slowing progression as much as you can until the "cure" is found.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeffreyn (10-15-2019)