View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 07:31 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I am still feeling so sad. At least I got a few more hours of sleep. I got on the scale. My balance is so bad I usually get a few errors before the digital scale works. I was afraid I had gained a few more pounds but instead I lost another pound.I have just been constantly eating and overspending. A lot of it has been plain popcorn.In the middle of the night I bought something else. at least I didn't buy another essential oil.
I really want to learn more about essential oils and the emotions. They help identify psychological moods that I guess constantly are bringing me down. A lot were because of being bipolar most of my life and not knowing it like self acceptance.
I need o read my romantic historical novels. I think the reading does something to the chemicals in my mind. I am going to search and see there is anything on the internet that possibly explains that. I might try to learn reflexology.
take care you all

bobby

Reading is a wonderful stress reliever. It is soothing and takes the focus away from your troubles. The more positive and engaging the material, the better you will feel. It is an escape from the struggles of everyday life, landing you in another world, seeing things from a different perspective. Whatever your interest - romance, fantasy, inspirational autobiographies, spiritual, travel, or even favorite from your childhood, it can lift your spirits.

According to the same study by Emory University, reading not only heightens the connectivity in the temporal cortex, but it also increases activity in the central sulcus of the brain, or region responsible for primary sensory motor activity. When we read, neurons in this area of the brain activate to create a
sensation of not just reading about the action of the book, but experiencing the sensations it is describing.

What Does Reading Do To Your Brain? These 5 Effects Are Pretty Astounding

How Reading Affects The Brain Is All Sorts Of Fascinating, According To Science

Last edited by mymorgy; 10-16-2019 at 07:46 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-16-2019), Dmom3005 (10-16-2019)