View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 08:39 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Very sad, just bumped head on English lamp

Something that I feel is genuinely significant just happened to me, I was at a restaurant with some friends, it was after a long shift and I was extremely tired so my brain was pretty fried. Basically two things happened in quick succession. First, I tripped over a little ledge in the ground and fell forward. Did not fall down or anything but fell forward really quick and hard and had to throw my foot in front of me to catch myself (I almost fell flat on my face). It caused a scene and a waitress asked if I was ok.

Second, I was so spaced out and tired that when I left I almost walked through a plane glass window cause I thought it was an exit. Luckily I realized my gaff a foot before the window but I turned around, took a step forward and bonked my forehead on the side of an English style lamp post, similar to this one

https://secure.img1-fg.wfcdn.com/im/...Post+Light.jpg

Would this impact be a cause for concern? As in would it be concussive or sub concussive and should I seek medical assistance or time off school? I didn't hit the pole itself but rather the little light holding polls sticking out on the sides at the top. The impact stopped the momentum of my forward step and basically stuck me in my tracks. I also instantly jolted myself down, I think reflexively.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote