View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 09:27 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

This time of year for me is always the hardest, with the sun setting earlier by 1-2 minutes every day. I still work full time, in an office with no windows. I'm not a morning person so that means I need to do my exercising after work. A few things help. I try to do "Ab Ripper X" (the ab workout from P90X) once or twice a week. In the video he says "How do you feel that day? Do what you can." So on days when my energy is lower, with whatever exercise I'm doing, I remind myself of that. Also, I know I always feel better after I'm done. I find I do better with rules of what exercise I will do when. Then I don't need to use willpower to get going, knowing I'll forgive myself if it's not the best workout because other days will be better.

As Jeff said in an earlier post, for me also cycling is not my passion, but it's a workable routine. I use Grey's Anatomy to distract me to avoid boredom. Up until the middle of June I was taking ballet classes 3 times a week with the local pre-professional ballet company. That's my passion. But there were getting to be more and more things I couldn't do, to the point where the frustration was starting to surpass the joy.
Chris_Dancer_Engr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (10-18-2019)