View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 04:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Ben,

There seem to be two separate questions: one whether you have done damage and the other whether you should continue to be student.

Unfortunately, the answer to the first question is hard to give and I am not medical. Objectively, I wasn’t there and if I was then there is no scan which can show the damage. As such, there is uncertainty about if anything happened and how bad it might be. That’s not easy or preferable, just have to accept it even if don’t like it. Others might, however, be tempted to say based on your description that it doesn’t sound too significant.

The second question is whether to stop your semester. Some might even find the question surprising after a bump to the head, but from your perspective appreciate it seems much more significant. I am not well placed to advise you (and it is only an opinion), but I would say stay at school. I think if you stopped, you will have more time and reason to worry about hits to your head and an additional worry about if and when you can return to school. Trying to do things at school and in life might conversely show you that your brain is working better than your worry might suggest.

It’s a difficult situation you’re in because it is possible to have physical and psychological symptoms, and there is uncertainty about damage. I would see if you can try to focus more on work and school, and less on that your head and see if that helps. Being aware of own perspective, and knowing a different is possible can a good reminder. If want to do things for the brain too like exercise, sleep, good diet etc that can help too. Wishing you the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW View Post
Thank for the response. Yah you are definitely correct about a lot of points.

I think this incident was definitely a bad setback but my concern is whether or not this caused new damage, new injury. That’s basically the question I was asking and wanting to get opinion on. You see, I’m a student, I have responsibilities at school and work, if this is damaging then I’m guessing I should drop out of school this semester and try and free myself of any responsibilities or life obligations in order to recover. If however this bump was not something which could possibly cause damage then I would continue to live life as if nothing happened and deal with the return of symptoms as best I could until the pass but not stop going to school or working.

Hopefully you can offer some insight on this dilemma.
Xandar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote