View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 05:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Upper Body DRG SCS

Been a long time since I posted. Got a DRG spinal cord stimulator back in December of 2017. Since recovering from that, I've been able to get back to working full time (in a sedentary job right across the street from my house). I also have RSD in both my hands and arm and other areas...but my hands have been the hardest to live with, reaching 10/10 pain by the end of every day where I feel like all the bones in my hand are being crushed.

Well...today I finally got a DRG for my upper body to help my hands. It's a 2 part surgery where they put in the permanent wires but attach to a trial battery and then in 3 weeks...assuming I get relief...they will plug the wires into the 2 open ports on my existing battery. Today was part one of the surgery. I am sore and uncomfortable...but I would say I already have 70% relief in my hands. Guys...the IV was in my right hand...and it doesn't hurt extra at all! Not even from removing the tape which usually is the worst part.

There is still pain...just like in my leg...but guys...for the first time since she was born i will be able to hold my daughter's hand without feeling like I want to die because of the pain. It's going to be a rough 9 weeks of recovery from the surgery...but I am so so so happy I was finally able to get this surgery.

I know the upper body DRG is much less common...so I just wanted to share. It's only day 1...so I hope to share more details about this journey as time goes on.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (10-21-2019), CRPSbe (10-22-2019), Nanc (10-30-2019), Pepski (12-27-2020), ShaggyChic_1201 (11-17-2019)