Old 10-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Most likely general x rays will not show much unless she has a severe issue.. like possible cervical rib or other anomalies.
Good to rule in or out before looking deeper.
Thank you Jo*mar. I wanted to follow up and share great news! After about 10 weeks of continued worsening of her condition, her condition improved spontaneously. I had read this could happen but had begun to lose hope. I never found a person for whom this had happened. She was doing her therapy at home, and something in her shoulder moved - she said "slid, popped, released", she felt a burning pain down the front right side, a numbness and then she a huge relief of pain. Her scapula now works almost perfectly. Both doctors (her ortho and her chiropractor/neurologist) are baffled. They are unable to say what caused it in the first place (labrum tear, neurological issue, long thoracic nerve issue - they just don't know) and they don't know why it got better suddenly. Neither of them can explain the spasms. She tested negative for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. To get better she did therapy at home or with a trainer every day - sometimes 3 times a day. She went to a chiropractor for about 9 visits who did stim, laser therapy level 4, gentle stretching of the front side or her body, and some gentle adjustments. We think the chiropractor was an important part to help get her body to relax, release the tightness, and to get it working again. They want her to take 2 months off of volleyball to strengthen the muscles around her scapula. Whatever did it, we are grateful and relieved. We hope this helps someone else.
youngvbplayer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (10-23-2019)