View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Is my extraction site okay?

I had an upper molar pulled out on Friday 18th October, so 4 days ago now. It was a really difficult extraction as my roots were splayed - so I knew I was going to be in some pain.

Over the weekend it got so so swollen and painful and looked infected - there was white like pus pockets around my gum, I had terrible breath and a foul smell. So I went back to the dentist first thing Monday morning. My face was swollen pretty badly. I saw another dentist (not my own, who performed the extraction) and he took one quick look in my mouth and said how swollen it was and instantly gave me antibiotics, which is good.

However, I’m not too sure if I am healing okay? Today it my second full day of antibiotics and I am in much less pain and I think the swelling is going down slowly but surely. My cheek is very warm to touch where the extraction was. It looks like there is green’ish stuff now in the hole

Does this look it’s healing normally? Should I be concerned just how big the hole is?

I will attach pictures to see (taken today) I really hope it’s nothing bad and just the normal process of healing with an infection!! I have heard about the dreaded dry socket - I was experiencing the throbbing pain but this seems to have gone now I’ve been taking the antibiotics.

Thanks in advance x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 971A563B-EAF2-4E50-9442-2716E2DD894F.jpg (43.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 2AAB3CF5-AFE6-4D90-A988-1FF7FF47DF28.jpg (42.3 KB, 24 views)
Hannah1517 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote