View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 07:38 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default I am totally lost with anything involving concussion....

I don’t understand my post concussion syndrome or if I even have it. The only symptom I have is a headache that causes minor discomfort. Additionally nothing really bothers me when I do stuff ( I don’t have setbacks anymore) and the headache is tolerable all the time. It has been 9 months and the headache has stayed this way. This whole thing is so confusing because at select times during the last 9 months I was able to really push the exercise and this weekend I did 45 minutes of intense basketball 2 days in a row.

What keeps me annoyed is that after the basketball my symptoms increase by 1 or 2 points but they are still tolerable (as I am able to still get my homework done). And when I wake up the morning after I feel totally fine again.

The same pattern happens everyday. I wake up every morning with no headache and it slowly develops in school (still just discomfort). I am sick of sucking up the headache bc this is not how I want to live the rest of my life. Seems like everyone on this forum has much worse symptoms than I do but theirs seem to go away. Mine have made zero progress.

Some things to note:
I have ADHD
My concussion was sustained in sports
I had worries about never recovering when my injury was sustained
I have anxiety issues- I have been seeing a therapist for the last 8 months who believes that I have headaches but thinks they are purely psychological and that is the same thing with my neuro who specializes in headaches and tbi

I feel like if it was true PCS I would feel like crap the day after extremely strenuous exercise.
Jflem16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote