View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 12:38 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Cervical Spine abnormality newbie help please

Hi I have had a CT scan and returned to my GP due to results. I have been referred for a MRI due to the results. I am wondering if anyone can help explain the results and what may recovery entail.

I am 50 year old female with constant dull pain in neck shoulder and head and upon movement of my head left right up or down I get a cracking/popping noise on the left side of my head towards my ear with a sharp shooting pain that radiates from the neck to the ear to the shoulder.
I also get pins and needles/ numbness feeling in both shoulders/arms/hands.

Hoping someone can explain these results in simple terms and what the long term effects if any may be. Maybe I am worrying about nothing but seeing the word SEVERE does not make me feel at ease.

thank you in advance.

results of CT scan

Findings: Cervical segmentation is normal. Vertebral body heights and alignments are preserved. No osseous lesion seen.

The disc at C4/S and C5/6 are degenerate with shallow broad based posterior disc bulging associated with uncovertebral joint osteophytic lipping.
There is also classic uncovertebral joint degenerative changes at C5/6 on the left.

These changes result in severe foraminal stenosis for the right C4, C5 and left C6 nerve roots. There is no significant central stenosis at any level.

No paravertebral soft tissue mass is seen. There is no cervical ribs evident.
Bungjet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote