View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 03:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default SSRI’s vs vitamin sticky/serotonin supplements

My functional neurologist said it’s useless to keep coming once a week if I don’t go on SSRI’s for ocd/anxiety. Family and doctor are all pushing me to take lexapro but I have a really bad feeling about it because I’ve made so much progress with mood and feeling like myself again. I just still struggle with minor things flaring up my worries about injuries, and symptoms often accompany those events...

I honestly don’t feel safe taking SSRI’s and the “flat” mood effect actually triggers my anxiety more. I don’t feel there’s any chemical imbalance depression wise with me and I think the drugs will do more harm than good and make me into a zombie. If I feel like myself again finally, I don’t wanna be a zombie just in case a flare or trigger might happen. That being said, my functional neurologist has been really helpful so I feel so pressured to take these to keep seeing him. I don’t wanna go on anti depressants I literally feel forced into it so I can keep seeing the one person who’s been helping me. He said supplements won’t be enough but I believe it could work.

Any info or experiences on SSRI’s vs natural supplements that increase serotonin?
AlmondJoy87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote