View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 05:08 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I gained three more pounds. I am so out of control. Then my friend told me about Emmet Till who was a young black boy whose murder helped start the civil right's movement. He was so badly beaten and had a eye gouged out and then shot in the head. This has been haunting me all weekend since she told me. His mother left his coffin open for everybody to see. There is so much evil.
This weekend my cats have been giving me a lot of comfort. I read an article on how to get your cats more affectionate and wouldn't you know that Abby came over three times yesterday and stayed with me for a long time. I wonder if she is a mind reader.
I hope my psychiatrist whom I see on Thursday can give me something to get out of this mixed mood. It is a nightmare.
I bought more books. I have been constantly using the diffuser.

Emmett Till, in full Emmett Louis Till, (born July 25, 1941, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.—died August 28, 1955, Money, Mississippi), African American teenager whose murder catalyzed the emerging civil rights movement. Till was born to working-class parents on the South Side of Chicago.
I think part of that information is wrong.
I think he was born down south and moved to Chicago. His murderers were found not guilty and "Till's murder and open casket funeral galvanized the emerging civil rights movement. More than six decades later, in January 2017, Timothy Tyson, author of The Blood of Emmett Till and a senior research scholar at Duke University, revealed that in a 2007 interview Carolyn admitted to him that she had lied about Till making advances toward her."
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-27-2019), Dmom3005 (10-28-2019)